As the mother of 3 boys, the aunt of three the sister of one and of course the wife of a man, I feel I am qualified to give advice on what to expect when your expecting a...boy! Boys are completely different then girls from birth and there are some things that you should quickly get out of your mind before one of these little beasts makes his arrival.
1. Boys are ACTIVE! They move, they jump, they spin around. They do not stand still.
2. they break things, sometimes the same thing over and over. We have a clock in our house that is now just a clock face as it has been knocked down at least 7 times.
3. Boys love their mothers. Its a special bond.
4. Don't raise your boys to be wussies. However, don't raise them to be jerks either.
I'm working on this..slowly..
5. Teach your boys that is okay to cry, but not over stupid things. See #4
6. Boys are gross. They toot, spit, sweat and stink more then girls.
7. They are loud, very loud and when you combine them with more boys, even louder.
8. They pee everywhere. in the toilet, around the rim, on the seat, sprayed on the shower door, the floor, etc.
9. Clorox wipes are your friend. Buy them in bulk. See #8
10. Enjoy them and teach them to be good men as they will lead their own families one day.